make the right impression
Corporate portraits photography and headshots are a key element of your sales and marketing collateral. Annual Reports, brochures, catalogues, company websites, social media pages and other online profiles all require good quality images that make the right impression about your company and your team. Corporate portraits photography shows your audience who you are and what you are all about as a company in a way that is both professional and approachable. Experience shows that the right images are the most powerful way to create an impression and build trust in potential new clients.
Avo specialises in Corporate Portraits Photography in Johannesburg and Cape Town
Every business has a story to tell. And the way that story interprets into photographic images depends completely on the nature of the individual business and their product or service. Give Avo a call, one of our photographers will be happy to chat through your ideas and help turn them into solid executable concepts that suit your budget. We will suggest the most practical and cost effective solution for all of the shots you need. That may mean setting up a temporary portrait studio in the boardroom at your offices and then documenting your operations process; or setting up a shoot in studio with products or models; or even arranging appropriate sets and locations to tell your story while managing property and model releases if necessary.
corporate portraits photography, in studio or on-site
Shooting your corporate portraits on-site at your business using your offices or operations center as a backdrop is an effective way to give your audience a “behind the scenes” feel of your company. Alternatively if the look and feel you require calls for a white or plain coloured background we can set up a temporary corporates portraits photography studio in boardroom or office on your premises. We can also arrange to shoot your corporate portraits in our Johannesburg or Cape Town photo studio.
company story telling and corporate portraits photography
In addition to capturing individual or group portraits it is often desirable to tell a bit of a story about your company. Capturing corporate portraits of your team in their work environment is a great way to create an impression about what you do, the scale of your operation and how you work. An effective way to achieve this for your company is to shoot a combination of documentary story telling images, lifestyle portraits within the work environment and formal corporate portraits that can be used together.
how to get the best results from your corporate portraits photography
1. Make-up and grooming are important. Make sure your staff have been informed and come prepared on the day we are shooting. For best results we can arrange for a stylist to be present on the shoot day to do make-up, touch-up and fix hair so everyone is looking their best.
2. If you are doing individual corporate portraits and headshots it is a good idea to bring one or two changes of outfit so that you can get a few different looks going. This way you will get more options out of a single shoot and can have images to use for your online social media profiles (Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn Profile Photos) and others that you can use for PR Photography and your company website team photos.
3. Consider the type of shots that you will require for your corporate portraits photography:
- Group Shots – if you’d like to show a shot of your entire company your photographer will need to come prepared with the appropriate lighting and equipment. It may be best to do a shot like this outdoors in front of your office building or factory. Having an elevated position (or long ladder) on-site for the shot is a good idea because it helps to get everyone in the large group into the shot.
- Team Shots – would you like to show some of your operations team together as a smaller group. For example: “The sales Team”, “The Directors”, “Factory Staff”, “Engineering Team”.
- Individual corporate portraits – LinkedIn Profile Portrait Photography and even the “About Us” page on your website may require individual portrait shots of each person in the company. Ideally these should all have a similar look and feel, so your lighting, backgrounds and poses should follow a similar theme.
- CEO and Directors portrait photography – the CEO and Directors are busy people and are usually pressed for time. We find it is best to setup a temporary staff portraits photography studio on-site at your offices and schedule slots where they can pop down for their shoot. Alternatively shooting them in their environment, their office or the boardroom is also a great option.
- Documentary story telling shots – what are the essential operation processes you want to capture? Are there specific pieces of equipment or environments (laboratories, assembly lines, server rooms, etc.) that you need to include?
4. Consider how and where your corporate portraits photography
Consider and discuss with your photographer how the final images will be used:
- Social Media and LinkedIn profiles photos will need to be appropriate for cropping square.
- Website pages (like the “about us” or “meet our team” page) may require long thin panoramic images, landscape/horizontal format rectangular (as opposed to portrait/vertical format rectangular images) or maybe square images.
- Brochures, catalogues and publications usually favour portrait/vertical format and sometimes want negative space left open to one side so that they can place copy/text.
4. What kind of impression do you want to make
Very often modern companies try to capture and attitude that is 60% professional and 40% friendly and approachable (or some variation of that). Some companies have a more fun or quirky brand identity, so they want to create something fun and different. Other companies are in a field or industry where seriousness and professionalism are held in the highest regard (legal firms, medical companies). Make sure to consider and discuss the type of impression you are trying to create.
Every business has a story to tell. And the way that story interprets into photographic images depends completely on the nature of the individual business and their product or service. Give Avo a call, one of our photographers will be happy to chat through your ideas and help turn them into solid executable concepts that suit your budget. We will suggest the most practical and cost effective solution for all of the shots you need.